top of page

*BEE Launch of Star Labeling Program for Deep Freezers and Light Commercial Air Conditioners.

The Star Labeling Programme for Deep Freezer is being launched on a voluntary basis and the energy consumption standards will be effective up to 31st December 2021. The program covers hardtop and glass top chest type Deep Freezer of all capacities complying with requirements of IS 302-2-24 for safety and IS 7872 for energy performance. The performance benchmarks/ energy consumption standards are based on Annual Energy Consumption (kWh/year) of Deep Freezers. The commercial refrigeration sector primarily consists of Deep Freezers and it is poised to multiply 2-fold over the next decade leading to increased electricity demand.

The total organized market size for chest and upright type deep freezer segment for FY 2017-18 was about 5-6 laky units. The market got more than doubled in last 3 years with a CAGR of 28% and is expected to grow at a higher CAGR. The chest type freezers constitute about 99% of the market share, leaving 1% for the upright type. About 3.72 laky deep freezer units were imported while remaining are indigenously manufactured.

Through this initiative, it is expected to save around 6.2 Billion Units by FY2030, which is equivalent to Green House Gas (GHG) reduction of 5.3-million-ton of Carbon Dioxide.

18 views1 comment

1 Comment

Jai Prakash
Jai Prakash
Nov 16, 2023

Hi, I need some suggestion for equipments for my Upcming restaurant business, can you suggest some brands for my kitchen refrigeration items?

bottom of page